Friday, February 8, 2008
Rough Week
Well for those of you that don't know, I was in the hospital last Saturday because I was having contractions. After three hours of two IVs to try to stop them (which did nothing more than make me have to pee really bad) they finally decided to give me a shot to stop the contractions. I was sent home a half hour later. I was still having contractions the next day so my doctor decided to basically put me on bed rest until my appointment on Wednesday. Kevin took emergency leave from work so that he could be home with me to help out with Brooklynn. Wednesday came around and we went to the doctor to find out that everything was fine with the baby and there is no dialating yet which is good. So what was the problem? Well during labor with Brooklynn, as most of you know, I had to push for about an hour and a half because she was sideways. So my doctor concluded that the muscles that were used to push out Brooklynn are not working properly this pregnancy. These muscles are also the ones that support the baby from underneath to help hold him up. So with them not working the way they are supposed to it is causing my ab muscles, which are already being stretched to fit the baby in there, to do all of the work causing them to contract prematurely under the strain. Fun stuff huh? My doctor said that we shouldn't have any reason to be worried but she has asked me to take it easy. Contractions are not a good thing to be having this early no matter what the reason is. I have to wear a back/belly support strap when I am up and about, this is supposed to take some of the pressure off of my back and ab muscles. We are extremely happy to know that the baby is safe and that the only discomfort is for me and not for him. I can deal with that! The odds are good that this baby is staying in there full term! Luckily!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment