Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Families Can Be Together Forever!

Our nightly ritual is as follows:
1-Change diapers
2-Put pj's on
3-Brush teeth
4-Lay both kids in bed
5-Sing each of them a song
Tonight everything went like clockwork. Tyler's song went as usual, he isn't talking yet so he hasn't started making special requests. He usually gets a rendition of "Goodnight Sweetheart" or "You Are My Sunshine" and he is fine with that. When I got to Brooklynn I decided to sing "Families Can Be Together Forever", one that I have sung a few times since she has been asking for "new" songs lately, and now that she is a Sunbeam (Yay!) we have been singing more Primary songs. So in the middle of the first verse I decided I'd see if she knew the song and asked her to sing the rest with me, and to my surprise she sang through the chorus and all of the second verse word for word! =) It's amazing to me how fast she picks songs up and how well she memorizes them. But hearing her little voice sing those words melted my heart and very nearly brought me to tears.

"While I am in my early years, I'll prepare most carefully. So I can marry in God's Temple for Eternity. Families can be together forever, through Heavenly Father's plan. I only want to be with my own family, and the Lord has shown me how I can. The Lord has shown me how I can." Just try to imagine your little one singing those words so sweet and pure. I don't think I'll ever forget this night, and my little angel singing such a beautiful song!

No comments: