Friday, January 15, 2010

Goodbye Daisy =(

I'm gonna post this now and be done with it. Kevin and I will be moving in several months and we are very unsure of the future, and after much consideration we decided that for now having a big dog is not in the cards for us. It's been a very, very tough decision for us to make. Daisy has been such a good dog for our family, we love her sooo much! I wish there were some way that we could make it work, but financially, and realistically we just can't right now. We found her a new home and I think she will be happy, but dropping her off last night was one of the hardest things I have had to do in my life. She came into our home and became part of our family, literally! I feel like I just gave away one of my kids... maybe a little exaggerated but you know what I mean. So after a night of crying my eyes out, and now a very hard and lonely day without our giant dog leaning against my leg while I do the dishes, here are all of the good times we had with Daisy, and a memory that none of us will soon forget.

4 comments:

Jesse said...

Sad, I am so sorry. That is tough. I didn't know you guys were moving either. That is sad, too. What is in store for you guys?

Kim Stierle said...

NO!! Rachel Im sorry that is so sad, its amazing the impact your pets can have on you!
Hopefully in the future you can get another dog!
Go buy a big stuffed animal to snuggle!
xoxo

Lindsey and Joe said...

I know exactly how you feel! I had to give my dog away when I left for my mission. I bawled the entire way home and then cried myself to sleep! Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I think pets definatley do become a part of our family! Hang in there! Love you guys!